As a newbie to blogging, I was very pleased to receive a “Kreativ Blogger” award from a recent acquaintance – Michael Rivers (author of the Black Witch and Moonlight on the Nanatahala). In order to keep this accolade, first I have to list 10 interesting facts that folk may not know about me, and then nominate 6 more deserving blogging recipients for the next round of awards.
OK, here are my 10 facts… one of them is untrue but can you identify which?
1. I built and operated the first commercial rickshaw in the UK in 1976 and starred on national TV with Eamonn Andrews (famous UK chat show host) as my passenger when I launched my bid to “green up” London.
2. I wrote a novel in the cab of a sewage tanker whilst sucking drains and ships’ bilges.
3. I performed the marketing trials for black cherry flavour yoghurt in the UK and signed the report recommending production and launch.
4. I crashed a police car into Westminster Abbey in London.
5. I was guardian of the Lord Lucan file at Interpol.
6. I knocked a priest and his holy water over the dead body he was blessing.
7. I discussed the plight of South American parrots with Prince Charles.
8. I applied to join the French Foreign Legion.
9. I lived in a lodging house where a flightless crow made itself mobile by sitting on the head of a German shepherd dog.
10. I cycled from the UK to Paris, and back 11 times.
OK – which one is the big Porky Pie? (London rhyming slang for lie). You can ask questions if you feel motivated and I may answer them, but all will be revealed on the 31st January….
In the mean time here are my nominations for Kreativ Bloggers of 2012:
1. Bert Carson
3. Jo VonBargen
6. Jan Morrison
They are an eclectic bunch – some irreverent, some sensible, some passionate, some grounded, some spiritual and some spiky – I leave you to decide which – but they are all entertaining and work hard at their craft and I always look forward to their posts . Well done you folks I take my hat off to you Kreativ Bloggers all. You too may display your badge with pride in your side bar – providing you can work out how to do that (I have such problems on WP) and of course tell us 10 secret facts and nominate 6 more bloggers… the chain goes on.